Firstly, it’s not India’s National Lipstick Day – it’s USA’s! Nevertheless, it’s worth knowing all about it.
And that brings us to the rest of the 8 points:
- National Lipstick Day is celebrated on 29th July
- How to celebrate it? Wear your favourite lip hue and flaunt your pout on social media.
- While many cosmetics brands offer discounts on lipsticks, a few like M.A.C actually giveaway freebies. (only in the US though!)
- Brands also release new shades in honour of National Lipstick Day. It’s a riot at most of the malls as women throng to buy new lipsticks.
- YouCam Makeup, an app to try on make-up virtually, received 10.8 billion lipstick try-ons on National Lipstick Day in 2017.
- L’Oréal Paris is celebrating National Lipstick Day with a major social media – a campaign with the hashtag #ReadMyLips. It also serves the launch of its Colour Riche Matte lipstick range.
- Every year, Huda Beauty launches something new on National Beauty Day – new shades, colour combinations or lip strobes. This year, they are launching a range with Demi Matte formula, in 15 shades.
And we have saved the best for the last!
Huda Kattan, Founder of Huda Beauty, actually owns National Lipstick Day. She bought the rights for the day in 2016. The National Lipstick Day officially belongs to Huda. How cool is that!