Take cues from the haute hairstyles of Emmy Rossum and Margaret Qualley – styled by Adir Abergel – at the recently concluded Toronto International Film Festival.
Celebrity hairdresser Adir Abergel amped up the styling game for Hollywood beauties — Emmy Rossum and Margaret Qualley at the recently concluded Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF). The profound hairdresser created a contemporary top knot for Emmy at the ‘Homecoming Premiere’, while creating a feminine yet playful ponytail for Margaret.
Adir Abergel, who is also the creative director for hair care brand, Virtue, is well-known for styling the mane of A-listers like Emma Watson, Kristen Stewart, Jessica Biel, and many more.
Here’s the step-by-step lowdown of the stunning looks created by Adil:
Emmy Rossum’s hairdo at TIFF
The look: A modern top knot with detailing
The inspiration: Adir took cues from Emmy’s Armani dress with an origami like fold at the top.
The pro tips to get that look:
- Begin with applying a defining whip and un-frizz cream. Follow up with blow-drying the hair.
- Use a flat iron to achieve a smooth and sleek surface .
- Gather the hair into a sleek ponytail using a shaping spray.
- After flat ironing the ponytail, start folding the hair to create the origami-like-knot.
- Hold the look with pins and seal the look with a shaping spray.
Margaret Qualley’s hairdo at TIFF
The look: A deep side-parted low ponytail
The inspiration: Adir wanted to create something that was classic, but chic and played off with her youthful personality.
The pro tips to get that look
- Start with an un-frizz cream from roots to mid shaft on towel-dried tresses.
- Follow up with the application of split-end serum especially on the edges for shine.
- Create a deep side-part by following the highest arch of the brow to place the parting.
- Use a large boar bristle round brush for optimum results.
- Adir advises to take a 1/14” iron and create soft waves throughout the hair.
- Finish the style with un-frizz cream.