Dr Navnit Haror, Founder and Director, Derma Miracle Clinic, is a gold medalist in dermatology and has the experience that spans over 10 years. As a skin specialist, he is abreast with latest trends and innovations and advanced skin treatments. He shares insights with us in an exclusive interview.
What are the most sought-after services? What trends are popular in cosmetology?
The top-in-demand services are:
- Hair restoration
- Laser treatment
- Anti-ageing treatment
- Hair transplant
- Laser hair removal
- Pigmentation treatment
The latest top trends in the world of cosmetology include youthful and healthy glowing skin, skin tightening, and anti-aging. Let’s look at some of these trends in detail:
- Many people want youthful and healthy glowing skin. Advanced treatments are being introduced that can help people attain better results.
- Another trend is the use of dermal fillers for smoothing out wrinkles.
- There has been a rise in the use of Botox injections for reducing wrinkles but more people are now going for dermal fillers which can give better results without having any risks of complications.
- Skin tightening and anti-aging treatments are also very much in demand these days. It is not only women who are concerned about their looks anymore but men too are looking to get rid of fine lines or wrinkles on their faces so that they look younger.
- Body treatments that reduce fat or cellulite, smooth the skin, and get rid of toxins.
Which age groups are reaching out for these services?
When you are looking at the age demographics of those who reach out to dermatology professionals, it seems that there is a definite correlation between age and interest.
The largest age group reaching out to dermatology is the 25-34 years old demographic. This means that more than half of your potential customers are within this age bracket. There are also a lot of young people 18-24 who are reaching for dermatology. It also seems as though there is a noticeable bump in interest for dermatology among 55-64-year-old consumers as well. The male to female ratio is 2:1.
Tell us about trends and innovations.
Trends, innovative products, and up-and-coming business ideas are fueling the beauty industry. A dizzying number of innovations and technologies are being launched into the beauty sector every day. The beauty industry is changing at a breakneck pace, whether it’s skincare, cosmetics, or procedure equipment. Some of the trends and innovations are:
- Artificial Intelligence and customised skincare treatment
Artificial intelligence is the new frontier, and many international brands are already adopting it. They use this technology to create personalised products depending on the specific problem of the customer.
Customised skincare is very much a priority nowadays. Although each brand has very different goals, all of them have the same vision: Providing skincare for every individual skin needs.
- Go green and vegan
The ‘Go Green or ‘Vegan’ beauty trend has been going strong for a while now and is set to continue into the new year. Consumers are demanding more natural products with fewer additives or chemicals that would otherwise be harmful to one’s skin or overall health.
Since the economic crisis has taught us many things – whether they be financially or emotionally draining, what important lessons did you learn that you’re wishing to use going forward in your business as it grows?
We think one of the biggest lessons We have learned from the economic crisis is that it’s so important to be flexible. The market is constantly evolving and you need to evolve with it. Now, more than ever, we need to be prepared to make changes quickly.