New year’s just got over boys and girls and you must have enjoyed the Christmas and New Year holidays but you must be also exhausted from partying over the whole week.
Here, we are sharing a few DIY tips with you which will help you to glow up your skin. We are sure you would have that sweet tooth and would not be able to resist yourself when it comes to chocolates.
Well, you will be surprised to know that your favourite sweet does not only satiate your taste buds but also comes with many skin benefits. Yes, chocolate can be applied on the face as it is rich in antioxidants and helps in protecting your skin from damage. That’s not all a chocolate facemask can also remove your dead skin cells and help you moisturize your skin to make it soft and glowing.
Yoghurt face mask and dark chocolate
Yoghurt contains lactic acid which dissolves the dead skin cells and also helps to tighten your skin pores.
How to make
- First, melt five cubes of dark chocolate and to this add 1 1/2 teaspoons of fresh yoghurt.
- Mix well and then also add 1 tablespoon of gram flour.
- Mix well and apply this on your face and neck.
- After 15 minutes, wash it off after scrubbing the mask.
Honey face mask and dark chocolate
Honey helps in retaining moisture in your skin. Mixing it with dark chocolate and applying it to your face will give you a natural glow.
How to make
- Add ¼ cup of melted dark chocolate, 1 tbsp of honey and a few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice in a bowl.
- Mix well and apply the paste on your face and neck.
- Let it remain for 15 minutes while keep on massaging the paste on your face gently in circular motions.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
Clay face mask and dark chocolate
Clay extracts extra oil from the skin and leaves it exfoliated and fresh by removing the dead skin cells. This face mask will help in tightening your skin and refine the enlarged pores.
How to make
- Add 1/2 cup of melted dark chocolate, and 2 tbsp of Fuller’s earth and mix them well.
- Apply the mixture to your face
- Once it dries, wash it off with water and pat your skin dry with a soft towel.
- You can even store the rest of the paste in a container for future use.
Chocolates, especially dark chocolates, have immense health benefits. And they give you healthy, glowing, and flawless skin. Here’s how.
Dark Chocolate contains catechins, polyphenols, and flavanols. These organic compounds make it a powerful antioxidant. Dark chocolates are made from cacao seed extracts that are considered super fruits in terms of antioxidant capacity. A study shows that dark cocoa chocolates contain more flavanols, polyphenols, and other antioxidants than any other fruits.
It tata your skin from sun damage. flavonols present in chocolate not only protect your skin from harmful UV rays but also improve the hydration levels of your skin and boost blood flow.
Dark chocolate helps you fight stress. Stress is one of the main causes of collagen breakdown and wrinkles. A study has found that cocoa could help reduce the levels of stress hormones.
Cacao extracts can also help manage the symptoms of atopic dermatitis. A study involving mice conducted by researchers from Seoul National University and the University
Now that you know what chocolate can do to your skin, let’s explore some DIY chocolate face masks that you can easily try at home and get your skin glowing boys and girls.
As we intended to take care of you and your skin, after New Years’ we are glad to help you with some DIY chocolate face masks.
And don’t forget to have a bite from your dark chocolate people!