Hotel Conrad in Pune has a spa that adds to the comfort of staycationers and biz travellers. We get in conversation with Laltlanpari Varte, Spa Manager, Conrad Spa.
- Tell us about your journey in spa industry.
I studied and practised Beauty and Cosmetology for two years at the Polytechnic Institution, Mizoram. I also did Hairstyling and Beauty Culture courses from Pivot Point International, Chennai, and a Diploma in Ayurveda Treatment from Dhanwantri Kerala Ayurveda Clinic, Mumbai. Then I started as a Spa and Beauty Therapist in Radisson Blu Hotel – Chennai and was a part of the opening Spa team in 2009. After that I worked with Trident Chennai – Oberoi Group of Hotels as a Spa Supervisor. Following years took me to Taj Mahal Palace Hotel, Mumbai; Hyatt Regency Mumbai; and The Park Kolkata. I joined Conrad Pune as spa manager this year.
What is the USP of Conrad Spa?
Conrad Spa has a relaxation lounge for pre and post treatments for clients to relax. There are separate ladies and gentlemen’s steam and sauna facilities as well as lockers only for spa treatment guests. We use luxury organic skincare brand, ILA, for spa treatments here.
- What is the philosophy of Spa?
- All the spa massages and beauty therapies at Conrad Spa are uniquely inspired by local culture adnd healing traditions. We have reinvented them to suit modern needs, and at the same time to connect guests to local culture.
- Tell us about the products and ingredients you use here?
- Ila is a British organic luxury skincare brand. Ila is the Sanskrit name for Mother Earth and the Goddess of Truth. The products only have natural ingredients such as Himalayan salt crystals, argan oil, sandalwood oil, Damascena rose etc. The products work by improving natural beauty, energy healing and by connecting to a greater sense of inner serenity.
- What are the latest trends in wellness?
- Wellness Retreat: Wellness is a personal journey. It is a mental, spiritual, physical, and emotional experience. The traveller seeks a more holistic and meaningful holiday experience. Enhancing our well-being with a specific focus like Ayurveda, weight-loss, fitness, detox and ultimate luxury spas. Balancing with daily wellness and fitness classes, such as yoga and meditation, together with healthy cuisine for optimal health and wellness. This creates a wellness story for the guests.
- Technology: Spa and fitness technology has become increasingly popular, with traditional treatments and activities being adapted to enhance results using technical approaches, from measuring your body composition to fitness profiling. On the flip-side, there has been a significant emergence of ‘digital detox’ retreats and programmes, enabling guests to switch off from the constant pressures of the digital age.