Global Wellness Day India (GWD) will be celebrated across salons and spas in India on 8th June.
Global Wellness Day is celebrated across the world on 8th June every year. It rides high on the mantra ‘A Day That Can Change Your Life.’ Inspired by its success in 2018, this year, too, Rekha Choudhari, GWD India brand ambassador and Founder, OneLineWellness Pvt Ltd, calls upon the stakeholders of the industry to step up and make it a grand success.
This year the theme for GWD India is Digital Detox. Spas, salons, and wellness centres are encouraged to inspire their patrons to pamper themselves with a wellness treatment and spend time away from their digital devices.
GWD India activities
To participate, salons and spas across India are required to organise in-salon/in-spa activities under the
banner of Global Wellness Day India. Activities can include:
1. Discounts and package deals
2. Complimentary services and personalised wellness programmes
3. Free skin/hair/body consultations
4. Offers on membership
5. Gifting aromatherapy products/ natural products/ exercise tools/ yoga mats/ natural foods etc.
6. Encouraging patrons to take massages at your salon/ spa/ gym/ hotels.
7. Displaying the GWD ‘I SAY YES’ plaque all over your store, especially in the reception area.
8. Wishing your guest a “Happy Global Wellness Day.”
9. Explaining the theme of Digital Detox to them. Encouraging them to do away with mobile phones, tablets, computers and TV screens. Ask them to keep their phones away while going for a walk or run. Look at your surroundings and nature instead of at your Smartphone screens.
10. To encourage them to keep fit, install a ‘GWD Donation Box’ in your reception area. Your patrons can write down things they would like to give up or donate to make their lives healthier. For example, the number of kgs they would like to lose, bad eating habits, incorrect posture, screen time, late night hours, etc.
Exposure on a global platform
As a salon, spa, wellness centre or gym, wouldn’t you like to see your brand name on a global platform. GWD India gives you exactly this opportunity. Once you participate in GWD India movement, your salon/spa will be promoted on GWD’s international website. What’s more, you will also get an acknowledgement from GWD’s Indian Ambassador and key supporters for your contribution towards wellness and Digital Detox.
150 organistions have already signed in to be part of GWD India movement. To be a part of this wellness movement, drop a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.