Prep your client’s for damage control measures after they play Holi this year. Hinaa Khan, Education Head, Dermalogica; Audrey Dsouza, Head of Styling, TIGI India; and Aleisha Keswani, Head of Education, TIGI Copyright Care; share some tips on which services to indulge in for some repair and relaxation.
Post-Holi Skin Care
• Cleansing is paramount after you have played Hoi. Amp up your usual cleansing routine by double cleansing with the Dermalogica Precleanse, which easily deep cleanses your skin. Follow this up with your usual cleanser, such as the Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Cleanser for dry skin; the Special Cleansing Gel for oily or combination skin; the UltraCalming Cleanser for sensitive skin; or the Skin Resurfacing Cleanser for ageing or pigmented skin.
• Post-cleanse moisturising is an important step, since you have got all out on cleansing your skin, therefore stripping off some of its natural moisture. The Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Cleanser provides nourishment for your skin while protecting the integrity of its natural barrier.
• Use products that will soothe your skin since Holi can be harsh on it. Spritz the UltraCalming Mist throughout the day for a cooling effect and treat the skin with UltraCalming Serum concentrate that will provide the benefits of a light moisturiser as well.
• Continue to apply sunscreen religiously. Opt for a two-in-one moisturiser-cum-sunscreen. Try the Dermalogica Prisma Protect SPF30, which doubles up as both and also leaves you with naturally luminous skin.
Post-Holi Hair Care
• Avoid brushing or combing your hair after playing Holi, as you may experience hair breakage. Try using a leave-in product, like the Bed Head After Party Smoothing Cream, to detangle your tresses. This smoothing cream is infused with lightweight conditioners and is formulated with an anti-frizz complex that will get those knots out in no time.
• While washing your hair after Holi, first rinse it with plenty of water to get rid of the dry colours. First use a mild shampoo, such as the Bed Head Urban Antidote Range Level 2 Recovery shampoo, which will moisturise your hair and scalp, and calm any frizz you may experience from the colours. Follow this up with the same conditioner to get back to your naturally shiny, smooth hair.
• If you feel like there has been far too much damage from the colours, opt for the Bed Head Level 3 Resurrection shampoo and conditioner, which help repair external hair damage, leaving hair more resilient, looking healthier, and feeling smoother.
• You can also try the TIGI Copyright Clarifying Shampoo for your post-play hair wash. This product has a deep cleansing system, which removes any residue from the hair, leaving it clean and fresh. This would be effective in removing the excess colours that have caught onto the hair surface after playing Holi. Because of the colour care complex in the product, it removes any residue without drying out the hair.
• After the hair wash, make sure you lock in all that moisture into your hair by applying a generous amount of a leave-in product and thermal protectant, such as the Bed Head Control Freak. This one’s a light and non-greasy serum that straightens and controls frizz, works great on curly as well as straight or wavy hair, and multitasks as a heat protectant as well.