With many awards and accolades under her belt c, Shirin Merchant, Owner, Kut n Make Salon, Mumbai, is a powerhouse of talent and creativity.
Shirin Merchant, Owner, Kut n Make Salon, Mumbai, comes with over 25 years of experience in the hairdressing and make-up industry as an artist and educator. Her mantra for success is “Strive to compete with my own self and to be better than my best.”
Her many qualifications include training at Vidal Sassoon (London) in classic and creative cuts and colour; training in creative and photo shoot make-up from London Esthetiques; training in cut and colour collection at Tony&Guy (Singapore), etc. She has attended masterclasses by international stylists like Guy Kremer, Joakim Roos, Lauren Decreton, Darren & ABC with Vidal Sasson (Mumbai).
For make-up, she trained at the London College of Makeup. She is certified by International Makeup Artist (IMA) and trained under International Creative Stylist Ivon from China.
A few of her achievements include:
● Representing Schwarzkopf for Gents cut in China at international level 2019
● 1st place in Schwarzkopf at National for Gents cut 2018
● Finalist at TIGI for Masterpiece Upstyle 2017
● Finalist at L’Oreal Colour Trophy (regional zone) 2016
● Finalist at cut and colour for Wella Trend Vision 2016
● Finalist at Creative Hairstyle for Wella Trend Vision 2016
● Gold Medallion at National level in Total Fantasy 2016
● Finalist at TIGI for Runway Reborn 2016
● Finalist at Wella Trend Vision national level 2010
● Finalist at the L’Oreal Color Trophy (regional zone) in 2005
Shirin’s creative work has been featured in magazines such as HAIR, Marwar, Adorn, India Boating, Beauty Launchpad amongst others. She was also a panel expert with www.bebeautiful.com and HAIR magazine.
Shirin has also done hair and make-up for promotions and stage shows for Raell Padamsee’s ACE productions that include:
● Broken Images (Shabana Azmi)
● Two to tango (Tannaz Currim, Vinay Jain)
● Sound of Music (Dalip Tahil)
● Anything but love (Sameer soni, Mandira Bedi),
● Broadway n beyond (Sharon prabakar)
● Pogo National awards show
● Death of the salesman (Alyque Padamsee, Sabira Merchant)
● Grease musical show
● Unfaithfully yours (Mona Singh, Ronit Roy)
● Elvis musical show by Ace Production
● Teach India show
● Simply the Best musical show
She also undertakes corporate grooming sessions as well as seminars and workshops for professional hair brands such as Godrej, Streax and Schwarzkopf across India. Shirin has been a member of jury for World Skills Pune – 2011; World Skills Jaipur, Lucknow and Bhubaneswar – 2018; and AIHBA India Awards – 2016-18 and 2021.