Avni Amlani, International Skin and Hair Expert, Absolute Beauty Concepts Pvt Ltd is sharing with us her DIY mask recipes, that will give your skin an ethereal glow
While self-isolating at home to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus, you might be trying to cut down on the amount of stuff you buy, skin care included. Or you might encounter a skin- care emergency and don’t have access to a drugstore for a quick fix. You might even just be looking for a fun new beauty thing to add to your routine. Because of this, DIY skin care is becoming increasingly popular.
According to dermatologists, making your own skin-care products at home can actually be very beneficial to your skin. If our skin is our largest organ, why is it so often overlooked and neglected? Now more than ever, we are becoming conscious about the food we are putting into our bodies, but what about the products we use on our skin? We know that our body is absorbing them, so why are we using cosmetics that might be harmful to our health?
1. Achieve glow with washing grains
Oats are widely regarded as an ideal ingredient for sensitive, sensitized or irritated skin because oatmeal nourishes, moisturizes, soothes and gently exfoliates the skin absorbing excess oil and dirt.
¼ cup Rose Petal Powder
3/4 Cup Oat Flour
½ Cup White Kaolin Cosmetic Clay
¼ Cup Powdered Milk (coconut, cow, or goat’s milk)
- Sieve the oat flour and rose petal powder. Mix all of the ingredients carefully and store In a airtight container.
- Take 1 tbsp of the powder, mix with water until it forms a paste.
- Then softly cleanse your face using small circular motions. Rinse with warm water and follow with toner and moisturizer.
2. Aloevera – a holy grail
Age spots, pimple marks, pigmentation marks, burns or injury marks can be treated using this aloe vera face pack. Rose water is an astringent that soothes and tones the skin. It enhances the cell regeneration process and also improves capillary circulation.
1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
1 tablespoon rose water
- Just make a paste of the aloe vera extract and rose water.
- Apply it on the face. Keep it on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off using cold water.
3. Get the glow!
For everyone who wants glowing and radiant skin, turmeric brightens up the complexion and evens out the skin tone. It also contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that treat any existing skin issue.
1 pinch turmeric
1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
1 teaspoon honey
Few drops of rose water
- Make a paste by mixing all the ingredients.
- Apply the paste evenly on the face and neck, and leave it on for about 20 minutes.
- Wash if off with lukewarm water and pat dry with a clean towel.