Spring/Summer is a time to inject freshness into your locks with a riot of hair colour. We tell you how to bid adieu to winter and embrace newer hues.
Spring/ Summer is a good time to hit the refresh button, especially for your tresses. From warmer blondes to silver balayage and dusty rose, we get colourists and stylists to talk about hair colours that are sure to blow up your social media feed.
What experts say
Naina Gunjikar, Hair Artist, High Gloss Salon, Bengaluru, shares, “Warm brown tones are back this summer; think soft, sun-kissed balayage with gold tones. Soft peach is definitely ‘the’ colour this year. Hot pink, apricot and turquoise are other favourites, too.” She insists that jewel tones are here to stay. “The other popular shades this season are the effortless, surfer-chic ash blondes, with a shadow root,” she adds.
And how does one complement these Spring/ Summer hair shades with the right make-up and wardrobe colours? According to Naina, adding a peachy blush to browns and blondes is sure to create a soft hint of colour, without the need for a full wardrobe overhaul. Her bets are on white, off-white or beige, as these shades work well to accentuate the hair colour.
L’Oréal Professional’s Spring/Summer 2019 hair colour trend is called Parisian Cool. This French hair connect includes cool tone palettes in the shades of mocha, caramel, and burgundy. These colours are brought alive through the beautiful French balayage hair colouring technique. The Parisian Cool trend is sure to be a hit in the Indian subcontinent, as it goes well with the Indian skin tone.
Essential Looks by Schwarzkopf Professional Spring/Summer 2019 hair colour trends collection, titled REinventing Hair, is born out of the many inspirations from international fashion runways.
Here’s a lowdown on how Reinventing Hair
• Random Rebel has intense colours and contrasting shades at its heart. It is a blend of Igora ColorWorx, Vibrance and Vario Blond colours with the new Electric Gloss Technique.
• Real Me celebrates real life in all its natural shades, with the new Colour Contour Technique, BlondMe and Igora colours.
• Beyond Borders mirror the brand’s multi-cultural spirit, with rich Igora and Igora Royal shades, applied with the new Marbling Technique.
• Royal Takeover with Dusted Rouge includes deep, vintage reds and boasts of a stunning iridescence that is as powerful as soft.
• Urban Diva salutes the modern Indian woman, with shades that bend more towards natural and darker tones, and highlights that augment the hair and give an illusion of volume. Darker tones rule the global colouring, too.