Summertime hair-care hacks shared by Melissa Hughe from Schwarzkopf Professional India
Summer is the time of the year when we want to enjoy the sun. However, the combination of intense exposure to the sun can compromise the quality of your hair, leading to dull and dehydrated tresses that can become hard to manage and may even cause the colour to fade. High temperatures, humidity and sweat leaves the hair frizzy and the scalp greasy and sensitive. While the humidity amplifies the frizz. Excessive perspiration adds to the limpness of hair, as well as irritation to the scalp. Hence, Protecting the hair is key!
Melissa Hughe, Technical Head-Schwarzkopf Professional India, shares some product recommendations and pro tips to protect your hair, scalp and hair colour from the harshness of the sun.
- Keep the scalp and hair clean and dry – shampoo every alternate day.
- Keep the hair well moisturised with an effective conditioner/treatment.
- Use lightweight spray conditioners to keep the hair moisturised and frizz-free through the day.
- Avoid excessive heat styling.
- Use accessories to keep the hair away from the face.
- Use a scarf to protect the hair from the sun.
- Products with UV filters go a long way to protect the hair from oxidation.
These tips and product recommendations will work for revitalising and beautifying those sun-stressed locks!